Event Geek is my very first WordPress plugin. It’s an easy to use events plugin built with jQuery UI. It includes a calendar widget that displays events in an AJAX pop-up, and a shortcode to display a list of events on a post or page. There are several styles to choose from, or you can roll your own using the jQuery UI ThemeRoller.
orderby: By default the events are ordered by their start date. To change this, use the orderby option in the shorcode.
order: change the order from ascending (default) to descending.
limit: limit the number of events to display in the list (default is to show all events)
There are many hooks available, allowing you to add your own filters and customize the Easy Events Plugin.
- gg_ajax_close_image – the URL of the “close” icon that closes the AJAX pop-up
- gg_before_clicked_date, gg_after_clicked_date - The tag used before and after the date displayed at the top of the AJAX pop-up
- gg_before_event_title, gg_after_event_title – The tag that appears before and after the event title
- gg_before_event_dates, gg_after_event_dates – the tag that appears before and after the event dates
- gg_before_event_start_date, gg_after_event_start_date, gg_before_event_end_date, gg_after_event_end_date - the tag that surrounds the event start date and end date.
- gg_shortcode_begin, gg_shortcode_end – tags before and after the list of events displayed by the shortcode
- gg_event_ajax – action that occurs at the end of the AJAX pop-up
For more documentation see this.
For a full list of action and filter hooks see this.
Questions, comments, feature requests?
- Better sorting options
- Add option get default styles based on jQuery UI theme selected
- Repeating events?
- Add times?
- Full Sized Calendar?